Almost Lost our CAT in Yosemite National Park!
Camera gear we use:
Connect with us:
Need in-depth travel/adventure info?
Yosemite National Park is literally one of the most beautiful and scenic places to visit in the country. Whether you are going for weeks long camping, or just planning on a quick 2 day hiking trip, this video should help you out!
Here’s the BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front) on Yosemite so you don’t have to spend too much time reading every travel guide out there:
– www.Recreation.gov to reserve camping spots (do it in advance)
– Upper or Lower Pines is the best place to camp (right near John Muir/Mist Trail starts)
– Bridalveil Falls & Lower Yosemite Falls = mostly flat, easy hikes, 1-2 hrs each
– Mist Trail = more difficult, but worth the effort to see both Vernal Falls and Nevada Falls, plan for 4-7 hrs depending on fitness
– Glacier Point is best outlook of whole park, 45-60 min drive from Valley – do it first or last!
– Half dome is full day hike, requires permit, apply in March! (Recreation.gov)
– Several groves of Giant Sequoia trees — driving required (45 min) – Mariposa grove is the best (in our opinion)
I hope these tips and the video help you plan your adventure to Yosemite. You really should spend as much time as possible, but you can do it at a rapid pace if you’re ready for the challenge.